一、約会 (Making appointments)
1. - Are you free next Wednesday evening? I want to go to the cinema with you?
- Yes, I'd like to.
2. - When shall we meet, this evening or tomorrow evening?
- I don't mind. Either time is OK.
3. - Are you free later today?
- Sorry, I'm free every day except today.
4. - Are you able to come tomorrow morning?
- I think so.
5. - Are you free this afternoon?
- Oh no. Will this evening be all right?
6. - I'm busy today. What about tomorrow afternoon?
- That would be fine. Shall we make it nine o'clock?
二、禁止和警告 (Prohibition and warnings)
1. - Don't climb that ladder! It's broken.
- OK. Thank you.
2. - Look out! There's a car coming.
- Oh, thank you.
3. - You mustn't play on the street. It's dangerous.
- No, we won't.
4. - Don't touch the machine when it is working.
- No, I won't. Thank you.
5. - You are not allowed to smoke here.
- Oh, I'm sorry.
6. - You can't walk your dog in the park.
- Oh, I'm sorry. I'll never do it again.
三、看病 (Seeing the doctor)
1. - I'm feeling tired, doctor.
- Have a good rest and then you'll feel better.
2. - How are you feeling today?
- I'm feeling even worse.
3. - Doctor, she is not feeling well.
- Nothing serious, I hope.
4. - Doctor, do I have to take the medicine before or after meals?
- Three times a day after meals.
5. - What's the matter?
- I've got a hphone宝eadache.
6. - What's your trouble?
- I've had a pain in my stomach since morning.
四、语言困难(XXIX. Language difficulties)
1. - I don't quite follow you, Mr Green. Will you please say it again?
2. - Do you follow what I'm saying?
- Sorry, I can't follow you.
3. - I beg your pardon. Will you say it again?
- All right.
4. - Will you say it again more slowly? I can't follow you.
5. - Will you please repeat what you've just said?
- OK. I'll repeat what I have said.
6. - I'm sorry, I don't understand French. Do you speak English?
- Yes, I do.