一、劝告和建议 (Advice and suggestions)
1. - The park isn't far from here. Shall we walk there?
2. - You'd better close the windows. It's cold in the room.
- All right.
3. - If you are not better by then, I'll take you to see the doctor.
- OK. Thank you very much.
4. - You must look after yourself and keep healthy.
- Yes, I will. Thanks.
5. - The museum is very far from here. Let'catch a bus, shallwe?
- OK. Let's catch a bus.
6. - You must remember the saying： Whatever you do, do itwell.
- Thank you for your advice.
二、打电话 (Making telephone calls)
1. - Hello!
- Hello, Bill?
- No, this is Sam.
- Hi, Sam. This is . How are you?
2. - Hello.
- Hell陈爸笔记o. May I speak to Mr Green?
3. - No. 5 Middle School.
- Mr Green, please.
- I'm sorry. Mr Green is not in.
- When will he be back?
- About six this afternoon.
- All right. I'll ring again then.
- Very well.
4. - Hello!
- Hello, Ham Mei. Could I borrow your Chinese-English Dictionary please?
- Sorry! It's not a very good line. Could you speak more loudly?
- Could I borrow your Chinese-English dictionary?
- Sure. I'll bring it to you tomorrow.
- Thank you. Goodbye.
三、請求允許和应答 (Asking for permission and responses)
1. - Please let me help you.
- No, thanks. I can carry it.
2. - Can I see your licence, please?
3. - May I call you James?
- Of course, if you wish.
4. - Could I borrow a pen, please?
- Of course. With pleasure.
5. - Excuse me. May I use your dictionary?
- Yes, here you are.
6. - May I ask you several questions?
- Yes, of course.
四、提供… 和应答 (Offers and responses)
1. - May I help you?
- Oh yes, thank you.
2. - Let me help you with the bags.
- Well, I can manage all right. Thanks just the same.
3. - Can we help you?
- I want to go to hospital. But I can't. My leg hurts.
4. - Must I clean the classroom now?
- Oh, you needn't.
5. - Would you like a cup of tea?
- Yes, please.
6. - What can I do for you?
- I'd like to have an English-English dictionary.